COVID-19 has captured and ruling many parts of the world, and the control of spread of this virus is becoming next to impossible. Preventive measures recommended and suggested by World Health Organization [WHO] and Disease Control and Prevention [CDC] include frequent washing of hands, social distancing and wearing of masks which is one of the most important ones as it will play a vital role in slowing down the spread of the virus.
How do different types of masks work?
- Surgical masks– surgical masks are also known as medical masks that are loose-fitting disposable masks. It helps protect the wearer’s mouth and nose from coming in contact with the droplets, splashes, and sprays that can contain germs. Surgical masks help in filtering out the last particles present in the air. These masks have almost the equal protection capacity of the N95 masks.
- N95 masks – are a type of respirator that is similar to the surgical masks as it helps filter out the large and small particles when the wearer is about to inhale. The mask is designed in such a way that it can block 95% of the small outside particles. And most importantly, N95 masks contain a valve that helps the wearer breathe properly and the unfiltered air is automatically released in the wearer’s exhaling process.
- Cloth mask– cloth masks help to trap the droplets that are released while talking, sneezing, or coughing, and for the public, cloth masks will play a vital role in controlling the spread of coronavirus when it will be widely used. As surgical masks and N95 masks are there in short supply, and they are recommended for Doctors and healthcare members. Another advantage of cloth mask is that it is easily usable as you can wash it then re-use it. This mask is also comfortable wearing it from sheets that are tightly woven cotton material and with a multiple layer of fabric.
What are N95 masks?
N95 is a respirator mask present with a complete respiratory protective device having a high filtration efficiency to the certain airborne particles. Such masks are designed in such a way to achieve a close facial fit and provide full coverage of the requisite seal of air to the wearer. All in all, N95 surgical respirator masks should be your first choice in disposable protection.
Wearing an N95 mask may be inconvenient for you but most importantly it provides exposure to the airborne particles and contaminates it. So, if you avoid wearing it, it can cause both short-term and long-term health problems. You can buy the best N-95 masks online as they are for sale at Pandemic pal.
What are the beneficial features of the N95 mask?
- The most important factor that N95 masks provides respiratory protection from being exposed to air that is fully contaminated with harmful dusts, fogs, fumes, mists, gases, smokes, and many other factors. So, it would be best if you never disregarded wearing an N95 mask to avoid any types of diseases. And if you leave your problem unchecked then these airborne hazards can cause cancer, lung impairment, and other respiratory diseases.
- Whenever you buy N95 respirators, make sure to buy it from a fully hygienic medical, healthcare, or pharmaceutical.
- N95 provides unparallel protection as it has been rigorously tested in the studies of pandemic preparedness and as a result it has been proven that it protects from certain diseases such as H1N1 Avian Flu and SARS.
- It has been ranked by the World Health Organization [WHO] and Disease Control and Prevention [CDC] as the ‘highest barrier’ as the requirement of the penetration of the fluid and resistance of splash.
- It offers 99% protection of Bacterial Filtration Efficiency [BFE], Particle Filtration Efficiency [PFE], Viral Filtration Efficiency [VFE].
- N95 have specifications in NIOSH performance of breathability which helps in reducing the transfer of microorganisms and other air borne particles.
- N95 is available in two forms such as flat-fold and moulded which carries many benefits.
Flat-fold N95 masks – it is totally light-weighted and when compared to other respirators it is 33% lighter than other masks. It is designed in a thin construction manner and contains a soft inner layer for more comfort to the face. Sonic welded elastic head straps are present at the outer layers to minimise the pressure points. It is available in universal size that will fit to all types of faces, they can be bought as they are for sale at Pandemic pal.
Moulded N95 masks- it has a rigid outer shell that helps in preventing collapsing of the mask and a soft inner layer of the mask provides a good comfort and convenience for the wearers. The shape of the mask is present in a natural shape to minimise the pressure points.
- The packaging of the masks is fully done keeping in mind of the hygiene & sanitation. The masks are packed into boxes of 20 units into a single plastic sleeve that helps in preventing exposure and contamination.
- N95 is allergy-free and fuss-free as these respirators are disposable so there is no further chance of getting infection or some other respiratory problems. It is latex, PVC and silicone free which is a good viable option for the people who are sensitive to these certain materials.
Why to choose N95 masks?
N95 masks have proven as a safety device and respirator by the World Health Organization [WHO] and Disease Control and Prevention [CDC]. It covers both nose and mouth and helps in breathing in some hazardous substances. And among all the masks, N95 is the best chosen because of its protection from the contaminated air and germs.
It is made from filtration materials such as electrostatic non-woven polypropylene fibre and contains an exhalation valve too. The presence of this exhalation valve reduces the exhalation resistance, making it convenient to breathe and exhale.
You can easily use these respirators for 8 hours and do not forget to decompose it after every usage as if it is not done properly, then it can lead to many other infections. One can buy them easily as they are available for sale at Pandemic pal.